Association of Chinese Professionals in the UK
Full-time Investment Client Consultant
Style Research is a leading independent provider of global investment research and portfolio analysis applications and operates from its headquarters in Aldwych, London and offices in Boston USA and Montreal Canada.
Founded in 1997, the company provides portfolio analysis and market analysis services and research facilities for global institutional investment professionals, including asset owners, managers, advisors and consultants. The company specialises in offering holdings-based style, structure, risk and performance analysis of investment portfolios and currently serves more than 300 blue-chip institutional clients across 25 countries around the world. The services are delivered on a SaaS-based platform that supports a range of devices.
With 100% subscription-based recurring revenues, SaaS deployment, exceptional client retention rates and strong cash flow, the business has seen double-digit growth over recent years and is poised to accelerate its expansion following an MBO backed by Lyceum Capital in September 2015. Accelerated growth is targeted in our operating markets; UK, Europe, Asia and North America.
The client consulting team forms part of a larger operation including Sales, Database management and development staff in our London office. We differentiate our customer support by offering informed answers to customers and promptly. This role is therefore to react to inbound customer enquiries and resolve issues promptly and to support customers proactively in the field with customer training designed to optimise usage of the system.
The role of Client Support Executive involves five key tasks:
1. To on-board new customers and ensure that they are competent using the features of our products/services
2. To answer inbound telephone and email support queries on a wider range of topics: e.g. risk modelling, performance, reporting capabilities
3. To gather customer feedback on Product enhancement and development ideas and channel this back into the product team for evaluation
1. First-hand knowledge of working in an Asset Management function OR working for a vendor whose products cover public equities. The purpose is to understand how our customers work and therefore provide relevant training insights and suggestions. Also to understand how different segments of the market have differing requirements from the system e.g. a Multi Manager’s needs versus a Pension Fund’s needs
2. An understanding of the basic market techniques and mathematical analysis and the ability to interpret the results of the analysis and explain it to others
3. Systematic approach to work and an ethic to serve the customer promptly
4. Excellent interpersonal skills both on the phone and in person including high standards of written English
5. Knowledge of Excel and aptitude to learn other systems and tools
6. Knowledge of markets other than public equities, e.g. Fixed Income, is an advantage